Friday, October 24, 2008

Robin Thicke + Mary J. Blige =

DOPE SHOW.
I'm a hard critic, so, this is serious, people. To crown it with a cherry, we even got bumped up from coach to first class free of charge upon arrival. Nose bleeds to orchestra at Radio City? for free?? What the hell?! Nice!

This was my second time seeing Robin at Radio City, and he's too cool. I've even described him as a male version of Sade. It's his lyrics and his singing. Sexy man with a sexy wife. Who else is so privileged to open at Radio City Hall for Jill Scott, and then in the same venue in the same year he does it again for Mary J.?? COME ON! Pay attention to this guy, he must be watched. Loved his performance. He's got a sense of humor and a real connection with his band. Everyone was having fun up there. A+ for you Robin. I'll see you again the next time you're in town.

Mary? Shut the hell up! If you've never seen this woman perform, put it on your bucket list. There's a reason they call her the Queen of R&B, and that night I was a witness. It was ridiculous. She was moving around that stage and sang her freakin' ass off. Ok? That's it. Period. When Simon talks about singing with emotion, DAMN. This is what he is talking about. This little lady is singing with everything, I say everything in her. This was singing with soul. I'm telling you, it was DEEP.

If Robin gets an A+, then Mary's got to be the one giving the test. Someone give her a Doctorate, please. You can't touch her, Hammer, you just can't...and Kanye, neither can you. I still want my refund for that poor excuse for a concert. Ya heard? Yeah, I'm freakin' bitter about that one. Shoot, MC Hammer was my first concert ever. It opened with Vanilla Ice followed by Envogue. That concert was way better than Kanye's. Believe that.

I'll see you at the Lobster, Mary.
Tell me when your next NYC gig is, I'm there.

No comments: